Translate

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Dragon Raider (Sea Dragons Trilogy #1) by Ava Richardson || Friday 50/50: Favorite/Least Favorite HP Novel

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



Synopsis:
Will adapting to a changing world make one young woman lose touch with where she came from?
Far from the kingdom of Torvald, on the Western Isles near the coast, Sea Dragons rule the skies. Lila is the daughter of the Raider leader, destined to take his place one day aboard their plundering ships. Her people value only what shiny trinkets they can get their hands on, but she aspires to much more than that: Lila wants the Raiders to become Dragon Mercenaries, dragon riders who help protect merchant fleets and navies from attack. Her father Kasian is skeptical, but a young monk named Danu—with a quest of his own—comes bearing a prophecy claiming that Lila is the lost heir of Roskilde, a born Dragon Rider.
With Danu’s guidance, Lila finds the unruly dragon she’s destined to bond with—but the mismatched pair soon learn that much more than just their futures is at stake.


Book Beginning:
Prologue
The Roskilde Prophecy
Churning seas, bright with blood. Fire billowing over the water, and dark skies heavy with thunder...
"Aii!" The old woman awakes with a start to find herself in her simple room in her simple round hut.

My 56:
It's the only link I have to where I began, I thought as I stuffed it [a piece of cloth with her name on it] into my pack along with the spare cloak, and climbed Crux's leg.
"Where are we going, air-raider?" Crux looked up at me with his bright eyes.



*    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     *    *     



50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

I don't have reviews for all these yet, I started to re-read them last year but only got through two. I was kind in a reading slump all of last year. As it is, I only have a review for CoS, still haven't started my re-read of PoA.

Favorite


Not as Much


10 comments:

  1. What an exciting looking book. I hope you enjoy it. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks kind of interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of Dragon Raider is badass! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your BB cover! Looks like a great read, too!

    Here is mine: bit.ly/briguella1

    Have a lovely weekend x We have a heatwave here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't ready fantasy, but I can so connect with the BB. I've been having weird dreams for at least a week now. I'd love for you and your readers to check out THE UNINVITED CORPSE . . . https://www.facebook.com/elleryadamswritesmysteries/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. I enjoy stories with dragons. This week I have a thriller - What You Want to See by Kristen Lepionka. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me with that cover. I LOVE dragons!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an interesting read. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely adding that to my tbr!

    PoA is my favorite HP as well. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. PoA is so many people's favorite one of the series!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete