Translate

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Resolutions/Goals

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And has recently moved to That Artsy Reader Girl's site. 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

1. Reasonable Book Challenge Number - 
I've been better about this starting last year. But for a while there I was just reading as too many books as I could. And many of them were garbage,  complete garbage.

2. Only Read Books That I Really Care About - 
Going off of above. I need to refine the books I read, and not just grab anything to read. If a book only sounds mildly interesting rather than really pull me into reading it, I need to not. Quality over quantity.

3.  Branch Out With My Reading - 
I pretty much only read fantasy or any of the sub-genres of Fantasy. I want to read other genres. Especially ones that I don't normally read. Non-Fictions, Contemporary, heck even Science Fiction would do.

4. Read The Books I Already Own - 
I have almost 20 unread books on my shelf that I need to read. A couple of them I've had for years.

5. Borrow From The Library More - 
This is kind of going with limiting the books I buy. Granted, I don't buy books as often as I would like already, but this way I can read a book I am interested in for free, and not take up shelf space in the process. (I use the e-Library.)

6. Request Fewer From NetGalley - 
This has been a problem since I found out about the site. I request around 5-10 books at a time, not really expecting to be accepted for most of them. But then I get accepted for most of them and if any of you have requested from NetGalley before you know that there's a time limit to submit your review. Then I end up rushing my read of the book and sometimes that means that I end up not liking the book as much as I would have if I had been able to read it at my own pace.

7. Read At Least One Classic - 
I have never actually read a classic on my own. The ones I had to read for school don't really count in my eyes. But I have about 4 classics on my bookshelf that I could easily read. (Dorian Gray, Alice in Wonderland, Dracula, Wonderful Wizard of Oz) I literally have no excuse.

8. Weed Through My Goodreads TBR Shelf -
There are books on there that I have added years ago that I have made no effort to read. Not even look to see if my library has them, or even to request they buy it so I can read it.

9. Read In Bed Less - 
My sleep has suffered this past year from how often I read while trying to fall asleep. It causes me to stay up later than I should and I don't always remember what I've read.

10. Read Dune - 
My husband has been trying to get me to read Dune for years. And I just keep refusing, no reason why... I guess I'm just being stubborn.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I'm going to request fewer books from NetGalley too since I'm still trying to get through the ones I still have on my shelf.

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete